Personal Injury and Compensation

Allansons are one of the North-west’s leading work accident specialist law firms and personal injury claims expert solicitors regulated by the Law Society for your peace of mind.

We’ve been winning cases on behalf of our clients for over 18 years so we’ve got lots of experience and a proven track record of success. We know where the pitfalls are, and how to avoid them. As a result, we’ve recovered maximum compensation for thousands of people over the years.

We have been a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) for 10 years.

Our service to you ..

We are commited to maximising the accident compensation due to you through the courts or settlement, for personal injury sustained.

We aim to recover maximum compensation for you. Working quickly and efficiently, making regular contact with third party Insurance Companies and giving you regular updates on your file.

We conduct our personal injury cases by way of a Conditional Fee Agreement (I.e. No Win, No Fee basis).

Accident in the workplace

Have you suffered an accident at work? You could be entitled to damages through a personal injury claim!

Why suffer from an accident at work or any other type of accident, when we can make the work accident claims process simple and easy for you at no cost to yourself!

We offer a nationwide service which provides initial free advice regarding the potential success of your accident or injury claim, and a supportive simple, fast and efficient personal injury claims service through to settlement of damages and compensation.

Road traffic accidents

As a road user you may be entitled to compensation whether you are a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian and even if you were partly at fault.

Drivers are under a legal obligation to have insurance to pay for claims made against them. However, many people mistakenly think that if the driver responsible for their injuries was uninsured, they cannot bring a claim. A body of insurers called the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) compensates the victims of uninsured as well as untraced motorists.

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident, here are some tips to assist with your claim:

1. Take photographs of your damaged vehicle or bicycle
2. Take photographs of the driver responsible for the accident.
3. Take photographs of the accident location.
4. Notify your insurers.
5. Visit your GP or the Accident & Emergency department of your local hospital about your injuries.
6. Contact us as soon as possible for detailed advice.

Tripping and slipping incidents

You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured as result of a tripping or slipping accident. While pedestrians are not entitled to expect perfection in our roads and pavements, serious injuries can be caused by potholes, uneven or broken pavements and spillages in shops and other buildings open to the public.

A trivial defect is unlikely to amount to negligence on the part of a local authority or shop keeper. Defects are often repaired quickly, so it is important to take photographs of the hazard before a claim is started. Ideally, include a ruler or a coin in any photographs you take to demonstrate the depth of the defect.

These types of cases are rarely as straightforward as many people imagine so contact us for early, specialist advice.

Criminal injuries compensation

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government funding scheme that enables an innocent victims of crime to receive compensation for the injuries they have sustained.

At Allansons we have a specialist team who deal with your claim and ensure that you get that the maximum compensation for your injuries.

In order to qualify under the CICA Scheme you must ensure the following:
• You are a victim of crime. (ie Assault)
• You must report the incident to the police as soon as reasonably possible.
• You must co-operate with the police and help the police in the criminal proceedings and if necessary attend court to give evidence.
• However, it is not necessary for there to be a criminal conviction in order to succeed with a claim for the assault.
• The claim must be submitted to the CICA within 2 years of the incident
• You must not have provoked or caused the incident and you must not have any previous convictions
• The value of the claim must be £ 1,000 or more.
If you have been assaulted and you’re a victim of crime then please telephone ALLANSONS and we will start the claim on your behalf.